Monday, November 16, 2009

Become the Legacy Leader God Created You To Be

Genesis 6:6:
"And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart."

Mike's Thoughts:
So, did God "mess up" when he made man? Is it possible that our God, who is "perfect" in every way, actually made a mistake in creating man? Absolutely not! The real problem is that God made us TOO well. He gave man free will and God was "grieved in His heart" over how man was exercising this free will. From a leadership perspective, often I beat myself up because I didn't do enough for my people or give them enough direction and I feel that I have failed them because they get off track. However, I need to remember that they have the ability to come to me and ask for help
or guidance and it is not necessarily my fault if they fail to do so. A final note that really got my attention in this verse is that God has a heart! I never think of God in such human terms that He would even have need of a heart. As the omnipotent being in the universe, I just assume that God is love and exists in another dimension that we can't comprehend and has no need for a human heart. Perhaps God is talking to us through the Bible in language we can comprehend and does not literally have a human heart.

Mike's Action Points:
1- Do my best for my people.
2- Keep my door open to them.
3- Listen to my heart, but seek God's will and guidance in my life and decisions that I make.

Please see my Leadership blog: http://legacycoach.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment