Sunday, March 15, 2009

Do You Speak with Pleasant Words?

3/15/09

Proverbs 16:20-24
20 He who heeds the word wisely will find good, And whoever trusts in the LORD, happy is he. 21 The wise in heart will be called prudent, And sweetness of the lips increases learning. 22 Understanding is a wellspring of life to him who has it. But the correction of fools is folly. 23 The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, And adds learning to his lips. 24 Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.

Mike’s Thoughts:
1. If I’m to be an effective leader, I can’t just find wisdom in the Word, but I have to heed it or implement it into my life.
2. Thru the years I’ve noticed that effective leaders seem to be happier
than others. Here, Soloman tells me that I can be happy by trusting in
the Lord. Personally, I’ve been going thru some tough times lately and
I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised at the peace I have because of
my faith that God is in control of my life.
3. How do I have a wise heart so I can be called prudent? It has to come
from God’s Word. I have noticed that effective leaders are not only
wise thinkers but exhibit wisdom from their hearts, too.
4. If I’m to be an effective leader and I want people to learn from me,
then how I speak to people makes the difference between learning and
indifference. I need to speak in a positive, uplifting manner.
5. To be an effective leader, I need to gain understanding from God’s
Word. Do I want to have a “wellspring of life”? Absolutely!
6. Soloman gives me a very eloquent description of how important
pleasant words are. It is difficult for me to always speak with pleasant
words. I try, but I sometimes fall short of doing so. I pray for the wisdom and discipline to speak with pleasant, uplifting words.

No comments:

Post a Comment