Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Leadership Skills Today for Tomorrow's Leaders

John Maxwell's 25 Ways to Win With People:
14. Do for Others What They Can't Do for Themselves - Joseph
(Genesis 41)

Mike's Thoughts:
As a servant leader, I need to be cognizant of opportunities to help others in ways they can't help themselves. The key is to help in ways they CAN'T help themselves and perhaps I can. What is implied in this message is NOT to do for others what they CAN do for themselves. It is important for me to show tough love for those who seek to take advantage of my servant heart, even if they do not realize they are doing so. Perhaps they are capable of
helping themselves and just don't realize it. In this situation, it is my role to provide guidance and counseling so that they will understand how to help themselves.

Mike's Action Points:
1- When presented with an opportunity to help another, I should pray for discernment concerning my role in the situation. Should I "do" for them or provide guidance so they can "do" for themselves.
2- If I am led to "do" for them, I need to do so with a pure heart.
3- If I am led to provide guidance, then I should be prepared that this guidance may not be received by pure hearts.

Please see my Leadership blog: http://legacycoach.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment