Saturday, August 8, 2009

We Are Our Own Worst Enemy

John Maxwell's Commentary in His Introduction to Genesis:
"Isn't most of history the story of conflict among people trying to lead and
rule one another, independent of God's direction?"


Mike's Thoughts:
This goes well and contrasts with my study of Esther on 8/5/09. When
leaders work together to accomplish God's will, good things happen!
Unfortunately, however this is more often not the case. In my opinion, one
of the two biggest problems we have in society are leaders who are only
interested in how short-term results make them look good and imposing
their self-serving agenda on others. Whether it is between leaders of nations, leaders of states or cities, leaders of business, leaders of homes
and, sadly, leaders of churches; it all boils down to short-term results and
self-serving agendas. While I may not be able to change all of mankind, I
have committed myself to help create Legacy Leaders who look beyond the
short-term to see how their decisions will effect future generations and help
them to create Servant Leadership agendas that will encourage and develop
Servant Leaders for future generations. Please join me in this quest!
Mike's Action Points:
1- I will pray for our leaders and for my leadership agenda.
2- I will look at the long-term effects of my decisions.
3- I will develop a Servant Leadership agenda and strive to influence
Servant Leaders for future generations.

See my new blog: http://legacycoach.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment