Monday, June 8, 2009

Are You a Perfect Lover?

John Maxwell on 1 John 4:17-21:
The Law of Empowerment: Love Casts Out Fear
Consider what John teaches us about living secure in Christ:
1. Embracing God’s love gives confidence (v. 17).
2. Leaders can incarnate God’s security and peace even in this
life (v. 17).
3. Enjoying God’s love eliminates fear and insecurity (v. 18).
4. We can love others only because God has given us His love
(v. 19).
5. Leaders must allow God to empower them with His love before
leading others (v. 19).
6. Our love for others is a sign that we love God (v. 20).
7. If I can’t get along with people, I can’t get along with God
(vv. 20-21)

Mike’s Thoughts:
These 7 points just reinforce the significance of the first 2 Commandments;
to love God and to love our neighbors. If I could just perfect those 2
Commandments, I would be a much better leader. Why can’t I achieve
perfection in these areas? Perhaps perfect love was only achieved on
earth by Jesus and the best I can do is continually strive towards His
standards. (fmk)

No comments:

Post a Comment