Sunday, June 7, 2009

Will You Love Without Fear?

1 John 4:10-12, 18, 21:
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.

Mike’s Thoughts:
It is obvious to me that there is a very close and strong relationship between
loving God and loving our brother (and sister, obviously). Is it possible to love one without loving the other? Definitely not, especially in God’s eyes and who else is so important? I believe God’s message to me as a leader is clear; I am to love my brother as I love Him. If I don’t love Him, I can’t love my brother in a healthy way and if I don’t love my brother, there is no way I can love Him. Therefore, as a leader, I must love those whom I lead or my
efforts will be for naught as God won’t honor them. Another beautiful lesson
is in verse 18. If we have true love for God and for our brother/sister, then we are to love them without fear. How often do we hold back our love or our
feelings for a brother or sister out of fear of rejection or fear of not meeting
their expectations? I know that I have done so. It is obvious to me that God
expects us to love Him and each other without fear and I shall strive to love
in a Godly way. (fmd)

No comments:

Post a Comment