Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How to Have Daring Courage!

John Maxwell on Isaiah 63:11-14:
Daring Courage Comes from Deep Conviction
Isaiah recalls that Moses received his courage from his God-given
convictions. Moses relationship with God came first; next came a
foundation of convictions; and finally the courage to lead others
without compromise. Popularity with God controlled Moses’ life, not
popularity with people.

Mike’s Thoughts:
These verses in Isaiah give me a foundation for becoming an effective
leader with daring courage:
1. Put God first.
2. Have a foundation of Godly convictions/values/morals.
3. Lead without compromise.
4. By living the 3 steps above I don’t have to worry about being
popular with people. I only have to please God. I still need to
love the people I lead and treat them well and with respect.
But, if I live steps 1-3, then the people should know that I love
and respect them and they will love and respect me in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment