Friday, June 12, 2009

Does God Hear Your Prayers?

1 John 5:14:
Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything
according to His will, He hears us.

Mike’s Thoughts:
I believe this verse is a lesson in prayer. When we pray we need to ask
our petitions according to His will. It does not say He will grant all of our
petitions, but that He will listen to us. The implication is that if we don’t
pray and ask for His will to be done, then He won’t hear our prayers. This
is very significant to me as leader because often in business and family
situations, I will rely on my experience and knowledge to make a decision
and not ask for God’s will. Often too, when I find myself in a hurry or under
stress, I may say a quick prayer and not ask in accordance with His will.
The Lord’s prayer, which is the model for all prayer given to us by Jesus
Himself, asks for His will to be done. So, my advice to myself will be to slow down, focus on my prayer, and ask for His will to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment