Sunday, June 28, 2009

What to do about a Wanderer ...

John Maxwell's Commentary in his Introduction to Jude:
Jude teaches leaders how to confront those who meander from the vision.
He is direct, yet rational. He is convictional, yet compassionate.


Mike's Thoughts:
As a leader, when people in my organization begin to wander from the
vision of the company (or family or community), it is my job to "reel them in" and get them back on track. According to Jude, there are four characteristics I am to show when confronting a wanderer.
1- I need to be direct with the wanderer and not beat around the bush.
2- I need to communicate in a rational manner to the wanderer why
he/she is off base and why they need to stay focused on the
vision.
3- I need to communicate conviction in my attitude about staying
focused on the vision.
4- At the same time, I need to communicate compassion and
understanding to the wanderer.
Also, as a leader, I need to understand that on rare ocassion it may be
appropriate to adjust our vision to meet shifts in the marketplace or our own
capabilities and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment