Monday, July 27, 2009

Do You Compliment in Public?

John Maxwell's 25 Ways to Win With People:
5. Compliment People in Front of People - John the Baptist
(John 1:29-31)


Mike's Thoughts:
When I read this immediately the thought of my brother in Christ, Mike
Marburger came to mind as an example of a leader who practices this
principle. He has often complimented me in front of others and I must
admit that it makes me feel good. I also remember as a child when I would
go into town with my dad (we lived on the farm) that I was amazed and proud that often people would come up and shake his hand and then turn
to me, just a small child, and compliment him to me. What examples they
are! Me? I have always struggled to express my feelings verbally about
others, especially in public settings. Mike's Action Points:
1- I will pray for God to help me to pay genuine compliments to people
and lift them up in public settings.
2- I will practice giving myself compliments so that I may be better able
to compliment others.
3- I will FORCE myself to do so even if it is out of my comfort zone and
awkward for me at first because it is Biblical and a beautiful way
to show Godly respect and love for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment