Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Give Others a Reputation

John Maxwell's 25 Ways to Win With People:
6. Give Others a Reputation to Uphold - Jesus and Nathaniel

(John 1:45-48)

Mike's Thoughts:
I recommend reading verses 43-51. Jesus, immediately upon seeing
Nathaniel lifted him up with praise about his character. As a leader I need to
praise the character of people, whether it is in private or in public. By doing
so, I not only lift the ego of the receiving person, but establish an
expectation of character performance for that person to strive for every day.
Mike's Action Points:
1- I need to pray for wisdom and discernment concerning the character of others.
2- I need to ask God for courage and the right words to praise
others with.
3- I need to set an example for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment